cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone share the register level datasheet of VL53L4CD Time of flight sensor as it is not found in offical ST site?Also the Stm32 compaitable driver APIs for VL53L4CD because only arduino api for VL53L4CD are found

Sjose.2
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
John E KVAM
ST Employee

There are a couple thousand registers. And although I'm sure you could use them to create a driver, you would absolutely hate ST by the time you were done. (It took us 2 years to get it right.)

So we chose to release the C code instead.

If you go to www.ST.com/TimeOfFlight and select the VL53L4CD, click on tools and software you will get an entire example project that runs on an STM32 F401RE.

It's STSW-IMG029

You can even click on the .ioc file and change which STM32 you want. (This doesn't always work - in which case you have to do some porting.)

If you actually want Arduino code, my friends at SparkFun have done a darn fine job of porting the ST code to that platform.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
Sjose.2
Associate II

Thank you for ur reply first of all,i understand the register level programming difficulty for this sensor but the ways to get example project for this VL53L4CD is not wrking or seems to be removed by ST itslef.0693W00000Stin9QAB.png STSW-IMG029 the tools and software option,Get software option is not working even after clicking there is some ui issue it seems

0693W00000StinJQAR.png "www.ST.com/TimeOfFlight and select the VL53L4CD, click on tools and software you will get" as u said

In this no example project for VL53L4CD, is listed u may cross check it.Please kindly do reply fast

Alexander Czajor
Community manager
Community manager
Sjose.2
Associate II

yes i saw it even before but iam not able to download anything it s just redirecting other specific evaluation board sites,only pdfs are getting downloaded in doc sec,and in tools and software section its simply getting redirected to its specific names.Please try downloading something and if are able to get the sample code downloaded please do reply!!!.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

I just tried it and it works for me. But then I am an employee - so I'm on the inside of the wall. And I've downloaded from ST.com hundreds of time.

The portal does get goofed up from time to time, but it's working now.

If you have trouble go to the ST.com and there is a support tab in the upper right. Pull that down and click on 'support'. We have people who can help. There is even a phone number.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.