cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L4CD

hbagheri
Associate

Hi there,

I'm planning to integrate the VL53L4CD sensor into my custom board, which features the STM32G484CEU6 MCU.

After reviewing the datasheet, I found that the sensor operates within a voltage range of 2.6-3.5V (nom 2.8V). I just wanted to double-check if it's safe to connect this sensor directly to the MCU, considering that the I2C interface of the MCU is 3.3V.

Thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @hbagheri, to the community!

Now, since 3.3V is in the range of 2.6V...3.5V, you can also supply the sensor from the 3.3V of the board and connect it directly via I2C.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @hbagheri, to the community!

Now, since 3.3V is in the range of 2.6V...3.5V, you can also supply the sensor from the 3.3V of the board and connect it directly via I2C.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I have a quicker answer - YES. 3v3 is just fine. Do try not to over-voltage it though. Cuts down on the lifetime. 

But 3v3 is well tested and will work for you.

- john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'