cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo-LIV3F, No GPS coordinate

AAl S.1
Associate II

I made a PCB using Teseo-LIV3F as stand alone, tried to connect TX and RX of the module to Arduino TX and RX using I TinyGps++ library, but I couldn't get any response from the module. I tried to connect the module to software and hardware serial of the Arduino and couldn't also get any response. When I connect the module to USB to TTL I could get response. I am using an active antenna. I have attached the schematic which I am using. Hope to get some help to solve my problem.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Your schematic make sense

You are using tps22093 to provide power to the antenna... voltage comes from VCCRF (correct) and ANT_OFF to enable/disable the switch. This parts can not impact LIV working.... at least (in Over current) it could turnoff the antenna no more than that.

I don't understand where VCC power comes from. I see VIN is the same for LIV and TPS781... but who is providing VIN?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

Do you see the PPS pulsing?

Is LIV3F out-of-Reset (Reset pins has to be high to guarantee LIV running)

Regards

Francesco

AAl S.1
Associate II

Hi, I have no pin out for PPS and Reset pins to the Arduino. I don't understand why when i connect the TX,RX OF Teseo to USB to TTL I could see that the module responses. The pins PPS and Reset in my schematic that i share with you are have no pinout to th MCU.

AAl S.1
Associate II

I just can see NEMA information when I connect USB to TTL

Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Which values do you have on:

• VCC/VCC_IO?
  • VBAT?

3.3v

Is the schematic correct? Is there any need to connect PPS and rest to the MCU?​

Perhaps you have the RX/TX sense backward on the Arduino, or the baud rate is wrong.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Schematic seems correct

PPS and Reset pins can stay not-connected (LIV has internal resistor to guarantee correct value)

Voltage 3.3 is OK

It has to be running

Just for testing could you add a LED on the PPS? just to understand if LIV is running.

Thanks for help, I will try that. ​I also measure the TPS out pin and it was 1.2V, even i can see the vcc Rf is 3.3v, is that normal?