Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo and NMEA messages

PCu1
Senior

Hi,

I'm currently playing with the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 kit and I have two questions:

-If I only configure Galileo the messages are still GPGLL and I do not get GAGLL for Galileo and I do not know why?

-The Teseo Suite allows you to filter messages eg xxGLL, but can you directly configure the module to limit the type of message sent by usart?

Thank you,

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi Pierre

> -If I only configure Galileo the messages are still GPGLL and I do not get GAGLL for Galileo and I do not know why?

Whatever the constellations enabled the module Teseo-LIV3F always sends the GPGLL message.... It's hard-coded in the code.

> but can you directly configure the module to limit the type of message sent by usart?

Yes. Sure.

On each port there is linked a 64bits-bitmaps to specify the messages allowed on the port.

In this way you can select the message you really want.

To configure the UART-message list you can use the scripts:

$PSTMCFGMSGL,0,1,<32bits_list_low>,<32bits_list_high>

$PSTMSAVEPAR

$PSTMSRR

To configure the I2C-message list you can use the scripts:

$PSTMCFGMSGL,3,1,<32bits_list_low>,<32bits_list_high>

$PSTMSAVEPAR

$PSTMSRR

For the 64bits values meaining have a look to the CDB-201 and CDB-228 in the SW user manual online

Hope this helps

Regards

Francesco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi Pierre

> -If I only configure Galileo the messages are still GPGLL and I do not get GAGLL for Galileo and I do not know why?

Whatever the constellations enabled the module Teseo-LIV3F always sends the GPGLL message.... It's hard-coded in the code.

> but can you directly configure the module to limit the type of message sent by usart?

Yes. Sure.

On each port there is linked a 64bits-bitmaps to specify the messages allowed on the port.

In this way you can select the message you really want.

To configure the UART-message list you can use the scripts:

$PSTMCFGMSGL,0,1,<32bits_list_low>,<32bits_list_high>

$PSTMSAVEPAR

$PSTMSRR

To configure the I2C-message list you can use the scripts:

$PSTMCFGMSGL,3,1,<32bits_list_low>,<32bits_list_high>

$PSTMSAVEPAR

$PSTMSRR

For the 64bits values meaining have a look to the CDB-201 and CDB-228 in the SW user manual online

Hope this helps

Regards

Francesco

PCu1
Senior

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your quick and complete answer.

Pierre