cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems connecting my STEVAL-STRKT01 with Teseo Suite Pro 5.2 Is there a step by step guide of what to do once the eval board is un boxed?

PRona.1
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi PRone

sorry but how are you connecting the board with the PC?

the USB connector on the board is NOT connected to the module.

You can find the Rx/Tx signal of the module on CN503 connector .... but they are pure UART signals... and you should use an UART2USB to connect the signal to the PC.

Thanks

Ciao

Francesco

PRona.1
Associate II

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was connecting to the PC using the USB-C cable provided in the kit and following the instructions in UM2541.

When I connect to Tera Term using the USB only at a Baud rate: 115200 I get data seen in the image attached.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0690X00000Bw14x.png

When I connect to Tera Term over UART I see the data in a different format in the second image attached.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0690X00000Bw16j.png

So based on this it is not getting any sats therefore co-ordinates are always 0,0,100

There is a sending joined request in the image below do I need to complete some additional tasks to enable geo-location

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0690X00000Bw18u.png

I just want to demonstrate the module finding sats and acquiring its location for now as I am hoping to use the Teseo LIV3F in a larger design we are working on.

Regards,

Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Ciao

Take care you have to use the evaluation board in open sky condition.

Is it the case?

Regards

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

Sorry for my ignorance new to gps. when you say open sky you mean outside right?

So the reason I don't see sats and can not connect in Teseo-Suite Pro is because I need to be outside or atleast in view of the sky?

Regards,

Hi Francesco,

I have sats streaming now that I am in an open sky condition.

See image below.0690X00000Bw1WhQAJ.png

I still can not connect using Teseo Suite Pro.

Can you help with this please.

Perfect!

Now it's working.

On teseo-Suite ... the  STEVAL-STRKT01 isn't designed to work with Teseo-Suite.

Let me clarify.

teseo-Suite assumes the teseo-3 (modules or chips) is in "Stream mode" this means Teseo3 continuously the NMEA message (without any Host command/request....)

In caser of  STEVAL-STRKT01, Teseo3 has been configured to provide message only on request.... in detail:

$PSTMNMEAREQUEST is sent by the Host (which asks 2 message)

$GPGGA and $GPRMC are the answer-message teseo3 sends.

IF you configure the Teseo-Suite COM as done on TeraTerm.... Teseo-Suite will be connecter but very few panel will works because teseo3 is providing only position data.... for example the ' View Monitor' panel shoule work (just shoews NMEA data) while the 'Signal Level' panel will not work for sure because the message it should print... it not sent at all by Teseo3)

Hope this helps

Regards

Francesco

PRona.1
Associate II

Hi Francesco,

Thanks so much for all the information it has really helped in my evaluation of the Teseo-LIV3F and I will definitely be using it in the upcoming project.

I know the STEVAL-STRKT01 is also a LoRa Tracker and I can't see the DevEUI in Tera Term. Is there a command to read it back.

GNAST.1
Associate

​Hi Prona.1,

as you have had the opportunity to experiment, the STEVAL-STRKT01 allows exchanging data with an USB device.

The STEVAL-STRKT01 also allows you to send commands. The list of supported commands is included in the UM2487 (Table 2) and UM2541 (Table 1).

Among these, the ?devicejoinparam command  gets all the LoRa keys, including the DevEUI. Furthermore, the DevEUI parameter together with joinEUI, application key and network key, can be set by using the following commands sequence:

!deviceeuixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

!joineuixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

!appkeyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

!ntwkkeyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x is a nibble.  So it means you have replace all the x according to the provisioning keys that you want to set.

After the four commands, restart the board with the !sysreset command.

Remember that all ASCII commands must end with the <CR> <LF> characters (where <CR> is the 0x0D carriage return byte and <LF> is the 0x0A line feed byte).

Regards,

Giuseppe