cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo-Liv3f Module I2C read OK but can't write

rnone
Associate II

Hello,

I just integrated a Teseo Module on a custom design and was rewarded by a fix position at first power-on (luck of the beginner I guess) within 10 minutes.

I2C reading works well on startup and I can feed the steam to the teseo-suite where it is correctly interpreted. For that, I wrote an I2C to serial translator into the BNRG hosting the whole stuff (using AN5203 as guide).

Unfortunetly, as soon as I try to write to the module (via I2C), the first write completes (writing to register 0xFF) but the next read get me a repeated stream of same ascii char (random ones like '.', 'e', etc...and not an echo of the char I sent) and end-up with I2C clock tied low forever, locking down the I2C channel (transaction never ends).

As my design have a 'main power switch' on the teseo module, my program can detect that and power down then up the module and everything restart normally.

I have tried writing 1, 4 or many more bytes in one transaction. Nothing works but more than one byte at a time may lock-down the write transaction itself.

Is there any known issue ?

Thanks.

Remy.

Ps: module marked "904 GAS60", used at 400kHz.

2 REPLIES 2
rnone
Associate II

FYI, I found my error:

When writing of reading from Teseo, do not use register adressing (as mentionned as '0xFF is FIFO read/write register' somewhere in UM2229).

Just read/write without any register address and all goes fine.

Thanks.

Remy.

Ok.

Perfect.

Eenjoy with Teseo-LIV3F

Ciao

Francesco