cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User call-out / finder tools still chronically broken / useless

I've complained about this before, and got nowhere. It's still completely unworkable. When can we light a fire under the developers to get this addressed? Showing FIVE potential matches might work in a system with SIX users, it is not viable in one with over SIXTY THOUSAND.

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/having-quot-fun-quot-with-khoros-editor-failures/m-p/594201/highlight/true#M518

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seems to have been fixed / improved, scrolls, shows more, and allows deeper / expanding list

UserCallOutFixed_003.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Tesla DeLorean ,

The current issue is identified as BUG and being tackled by the platform Engineering team. We will notify once the issue is resolved. I apologies for the inconveniences you currently face.

Regards,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Any progress on this, I swear every time I try to use it..

Do Khoros admit it's completely useless as implemented? For example stone32 doesn't work..

If it can only show 5 users, weight them based on their post count or participation. Have some wild card ability to deal with spaces and punctuation marks.

stone32_001.jpgstone32_002.jpg

Hi @Tesla DeLorean , I understand, this is really annoying experience. I passed this additional example to the BUG fixing team. I will provide news, once it is fixed. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any timeline yet. 

Regards,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Tis still brocken..

Still only 5 "matches" and 4 aren't remotely close to the pattern input. Got to think Journalists and Coal Miners could code a better implementation..

callout_mar2024.jpg

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Seems like it's looking for the entered string anywhere in a name; eg, all of these contain "ston":

AndrewNeil_0-1709831590229.png

"STOne-32" doesn't show up until I enter "stone":

AndrewNeil_1-1709831649954.png

Surely, names beginning with the entered string should be prioritised?

And why do I get a different result from @Tesla DeLorean  ??

It can be context sensitive. If the person has posted in the specific thread they show up earlier / differently.

It's just so frustrating to use because the pattern match rules are so irrational, if I type stone32 nothing matches, and it's especially difficult if the name has a space or punctuation marks. 

It's worse than an Inverse-Scrabble search, which would at least show all users containing the letters entered, in any order. I want key off the surnames, which I can usually half remember the precise spelling if Slavic / Polish

In the older forums it would also search on email addresses, and other non-public data, useful but perhaps problematic in today environment.

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

If the person has posted in the specific thread they show up earlier / differently.

Indeed - just the @ brings up the "contributor" list

AndrewNeil_0-1709833236023.png

Seems to have been fixed / improved, scrolls, shows more, and allows deeper / expanding list

UserCallOutFixed_003.jpg