cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove Related Content

1. It's useless.

As it's not curated, the vast majority of links is entirely irrelevant to given post. Machines are too ***, even if you call it AI.

2. It's harmful.

It provides false keywords for external search machines such as google, making it harder to find genuine content.

3. given 1, and 2, it's just pure waste of bandwidth.

JW

10 REPLIES 10
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

A vote from @Tesla DeLorean  in favour of keeping it - I'd tend to agree:

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

I do kind of like having this, not sure how good the heuristics are, but it helps to find other threads.

It shouldn't list the current threads, that's just circular, and makes no sense.

On mobile it's at the end of the page.

Needs up/down voting to improve relevance metrics to teach the algorithm. 

See: 

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/add-solved-flag-in-related-content/m-p/647755/highlight/true#M1103

That's from my thread suggesting that the 'Solved' flag should be include in the 'Related Content' list.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

Great example of sharing an opposing view on the same feature. Currently, we are looking into the feature enchantment brought by@Andrew Neil but we are happy to hear more views on this. 

Thanks a lot for sharing yours! 
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Like a lot of things on these corporate "forums" there just seem to be so many missed opertunities to build anything properly. As Andrew indicates having a solved flag and some kind of up/down sentiment, or up/down relevance metric.

Everyone seems scared of negative voting, but there needs to be some way to deweight things that are unhelpful or wrong.

If there are bullying issues let's address those directly,  but let's not cripple the ability to train the system as to what bad content / associativy is.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

there needs to be some way to deweight things that are unhelpful or wrong.

Absolutely!

Perhaps some of these features can be suppressed via check box items the user chooses in their "View / Presentation" type settings

Perhaps as a Low Bandwidth / Minimal Clutter setting?

Having the engine "Score" how relevant it thinks something is, might enlighten as to "How" it's working, or if something needs tweaking.

Having the Post Count, and Kudos might also be a good metric to be outputting

Ok, not sure this is where I should post this observation, but I can't find the "self referential" thread for the time being.

I think one of @Lina DABASINSKAITE 's posts indicating it was fixed / addressed

But I keep noticing the Matrix glitching, most of the time it's fixed, but I still see it occasionally.

It looks to be dependent on the post you land on.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/stm32h753-uart-baud-is-15-low/m-p/697049#M49474

If I go to my own post via the Alerts it keys on the "15%" reference in THAT post and suggests this same thread as a "Related" one, whereas at the top-level post/thread it doesn't. If that makes sense to the team.

selfrelated001.jpg

The primary issue has been fixed, this is just a bit disconcerting at times, and that the "related" pane is more dynamic and changeable than I had thought/expected. If I enter via different alerts, or follow the link, the list changes again.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,

Thanks a lot for sharing this, it is very valuable to further understand this bug!

I will add it to ongoing investigation. 

If you notice anything else, let me know. 

Thanks,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

Ok, not sure this is where I should post this observation, but I can't find the "self referential" thread for the time being.

Here:

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/related-content-pointing-to-the-same-thread/td-p/651507

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

I think one of @Lina DABASINSKAITE 's posts indicating it was fixed / addressed.

Yes - ‎2024-07-01:

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/related-content-pointing-to-the-same-thread/m-p/692217/highlight/true#M1498

I confirmed it then, but since then it's been happening again:

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/related-content-pointing-to-the-same-thread/m-p/692734/highlight/true#M1514

I've been seeing it quite a lot recently

I don't know, there are occasions where it renders a list of stuff which I struggle to see as "related"

I suspect "break" or "broken" get stated a lot.. as is "not working"