cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unico feature calculation

He_Ka
Associate

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how Unico calculates it feature values during .arff creation.

Unfortunately, if I calculate the features as described in AN5804, the feature values differ from the Unico output.

I have attached two files, accelerometer samples with five values per axis and the .arff output of Unico for a window size of five (feature mean X/Y/Z/V).

Can someone explain how the feature values are calculated by Unico during .arff creation?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @He_Ka ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Values are represented in half-precision floating point, how the values of features and filters are calculated in Unico is confidential information.

Note that it is important to use Unico / MEMS Studio to generate the ARFF file because features/filters are calculated exactly as done at runtime by the embedded logic of Machine Learning Core. If you do not want to use GUI-based tools, such as Unico and MEMS Studio, you can use the Python script available on GitHub.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @He_Ka ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Values are represented in half-precision floating point, how the values of features and filters are calculated in Unico is confidential information.

Note that it is important to use Unico / MEMS Studio to generate the ARFF file because features/filters are calculated exactly as done at runtime by the embedded logic of Machine Learning Core. If you do not want to use GUI-based tools, such as Unico and MEMS Studio, you can use the Python script available on GitHub.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your explanation.

The python scripts you mentioned refer to an mlc_configuration_tool in the setup section of the readme. Unfortunately I am not able to locate a file with this name in my Linux based Unico installation. Can you help me with that?

Best regards