cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE removes middleware folder after re-generating CubeMX code. using x-CUBE-AI

CBeli.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

I've seen this behavior with a recent version of STM32CubeMX.

The issue is fixed in X-CUBE-AI 8.1 that will be out in June.

In the mean time a workaround is to remove the .mxproject file before to generate again

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CBeli.1
Associate II

Hello, I downloaded an project from https://stm32ai-cs.st.com/home

Yamnet for STM32U57 board

When I open the .ioc file, and generate code in CubeMX, everything works fine.

I get a working project. Which I can build and run in CubeIDE.

My problem happens when I update my .ioc file, and press generate code (doesn't matter whether in CubeMX or CubeIDE). After the code generation the "Middleware" folder gets removed. And without the Middleware folder, my project will not compile anymore.

So the current solution is to only configure my pins etc at the start.

Can you help me?

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

I've seen this behavior with a recent version of STM32CubeMX.

The issue is fixed in X-CUBE-AI 8.1 that will be out in June.

In the mean time a workaround is to remove the .mxproject file before to generate again

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

There is also an option in STM32CubeMX to not remove files:

In STM32CubeMX UI you can uncheck the “Delete previously generated files when not re-generated�? check box (in Project Manager -> Code Generator)

Regards

Daniel

eduardo_reis
Associate III

I am using `X-CUBE-AI 8.1` and I am having this issue.