Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo_WL55 : st-link cannot detect a target :(

malarab
Senior II

Hello,

I bought a nucleo-wl55 card from RS.

At the beginning, it worked very well and i started to develop my application.

Suddenly today, when i try to run my program, i get an error message : st-link cannot detect a target.

And the card become very hot !

Any suggestion !

when i connect the card i can detect the virtual com port :

0693W00000Nt3hPQAR.png 

0693W00000Nt3i8QAB.png

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @malarab​ ,

I advise you to try with :

• latest release of STM32Cubeprogrammer.
  • connect "Under reset mode".
  • BOOT0 pin pulled HIGH

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

The connectivity of the STM32 Target, and the presence of the ST-LINK in Windows are two different things.

The STM32 Target can be difficult to access if it powers off the JTAG/SWD or the core itself. You should watch what your code does with the pins and low power modes.

Would strongly recommend a long spin loop in the Reset_Handler to allow for connectivity to be established.

BOOT0 being HIGH allows code in ROM to run, rather than user code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
malarab
Senior II

hello @Imen DAHMEN​ and @Community member​,

Thank you for your answers,

I have upgraded to the last version 1.10, connected under reset and pulled high boot0 pin ... but always the same problem.

effectively, i know that st-link is different from target, but is to verify that at least the programmer is working well.

as i said before, the card start heating ! the heat source become different according to the power source :

• if 5V_sel = stlink : U5 (5V regulator from usb) start heating
  • if 5V_sel = 5V_VIN or E5V or CHG (to bypass U5) the mcu (wl55) start heating

I have also tried to connect with an external j-link (to verify if the problem came from st-link) but always the same problem (no target detected)

Finally i have verified all previous connection and my application software on a new nucleo card, and it is work correctly.

So i think they have a hardware issues in my previous card, and i am interested to know what can be the source of this problem, and if it will be possible to resolve it (maybe by replacing a component)