cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with time server and STM32CubeIDE debugging

E.C.
Associate II

I was trying to use the time server for a project on STM32WB55. I tried to use it in an empty project. When I tried to debug, this window pops up:

0693W00000LxONkQAN.pngThe curious part of the problem is that this error seems to happen with the time cluster only: using another cluster such as the on/off one doesn't create any problem.

I will attach to this message the .ioc that I am using: I did not modify the STM32CubeMX output.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Another thing I tried to do was removing and putting back single lines of code in order to understand which part of the program caused the problem. I figured out that the whole thing runs without encountering this specific problem when I remove this line:

/* file: app_zigbee.c */
zigbee_app_info.time_server_1 = ZbZclTimeServerAlloc(zigbee_app_info.zb, SW1_ENDPOINT, &TimeServerCallbacks_1, NULL);

3 REPLIES 3
PPREN.1
ST Employee

Hello E.C.,

I am a zigbee expert and I am not a cube expert. The advice that I would give is to start from a working exemple.

For zigbee sed device in the exemple list named Zigbee_OnOff_Client_SED, per default, with IAR, the file Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Client_SED\Core\Inc\app_conf.h has a "NO DEBUG" configuration. To enable the DEBUG, in app_conf.h, I would set:

#define CFG_FULL_LOW_POWER  0

#define CFG_DEBUGGER_SUPPORTED  1

And rebuild all.

In case you still have problem, please don't hesitate to enter an additional message.

Cdlt, Pascal

NOTE: To me, the lines you have removed are needed... Have you run the application readme to verify that the application is still working? Or do you think the application had a problem at the first place (previous to removing those 2 lines)?

E.C.
Associate II

Hi,

I looked for the two defines you gave me in my code and they were already set to the right values. I did not find an already-made example with the time cluster for my microcontroller, that's why I tried to generate code with STM32CubeMX and compile it without adding anything.

I know that those lines are needed, I just tried to isolate the cause of the probem. From what I saw it seems like the TimeServerAlloc is "incompatible" with the debugger (the application seems to work if I just flash it with the programmer and let it run)

Best Regards,

E. C.

PPREN.1
ST Employee

Hi E.C.,

Not sure it will help, but I have verified that the Zigbee_Doorlock_Client_Router is working with IAR and has a line very similar to yours:

zigbee_app_info.time_server = ZbZclTimeServerAlloc(zigbee_app_info.zb, SW1_ENDPOINT, &ZbZclTimeServerCallbacks, NULL);

and, on the other side, that the cluster time has passed all verification steps.

In case you still have this problem, please don't hesitate to enter an additional message, I think I will then search for a Cube expert to answer.

Cdlt, Pascal