cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port a project from a STM32L476RG to a STM32L072CZYx

MBour.2
Associate II

Hello,

I'm working on a BLE project on a STM32L072CZYx MCU and there is an example of a profile that suits my need but it is on another MCU, the STM32L476RG. I want to port the code from that MCU to mine but I don't really know how to do so... I've checked a tutorial on porting code but they use CubeMX and more specifically the .ioc file of the MCU I want to port the code from. The problem is I don't have the .ioc file...

So I have 2 questions regarding this :

• Is it possible to port the code withour using CubeMX?
  • Is it possible to generate the .ioc file from the code?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MBour.2​ ,

It is not possible to generate the .ioc file from your code, but you can port your project without using CubeMX tool.

For that, you can follow the required steps to migrate your existing project between STM32L4 and STM32L0 Series, by following tthis AN4809 Application note Migrating between STM32L0 Series and STM32L4 Series / STM32L4+ Series microcontrollers.

For migration, you should take into consideration the following aspects: the hardware migration, the peripheral migration and the firmware migration.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MBour.2​ ,

It is not possible to generate the .ioc file from your code, but you can port your project without using CubeMX tool.

For that, you can follow the required steps to migrate your existing project between STM32L4 and STM32L0 Series, by following tthis AN4809 Application note Migrating between STM32L0 Series and STM32L4 Series / STM32L4+ Series microcontrollers.

For migration, you should take into consideration the following aspects: the hardware migration, the peripheral migration and the firmware migration.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MBour.2
Associate II

Hello Imen,

Thanks a lot for your answer! I'm going to look into that note.

Sincerly,

Mohamed

Imen.D
ST Employee

You are welcome 🙂

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped 🙂 This can be very helpful for Community users to find this solution more quickly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask your question in more detail.

Imen

Thanks
Imen