cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IWDG reset

lorant124
Associate III

Hi,

I use STM32L496RGT6 with own bootloader.

If I start IWDG in bootloader and periodically reset it it is work good. If I jump to application and call HAL_IWDG_Refresh(..), function doesn't refresh IWDG and IWDG reset mcu.

I tried call MX_IWDG_Init() after HAL_IWDG_Refresh.. or only HAL_IWDG_Refresh but doesn't have effect.

Please help how to resolve this problem. I would like start IWDG in bootloader end periodically refresh it, after jumping into application fw continue refreshing IWDG counter if it is possible.

Thank you,

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> If I jump to application and call HAL_IWDG_Refresh(..), function doesn't refresh IWDG and IWDG reset mcu.

Are you sure it does not time out before you succeed to call it for the first time in the application?

Toggling a pin around the refresh call, and observing it using oscilloscope/logic analyzer would reveal if this is the case.

JW

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

> If I jump to application and call HAL_IWDG_Refresh(..), function doesn't refresh IWDG and IWDG reset mcu.

Are you sure it does not time out before you succeed to call it for the first time in the application?

Toggling a pin around the refresh call, and observing it using oscilloscope/logic analyzer would reveal if this is the case.

JW