cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 not working in STM32CubeIDE

KGupt.1
Associate III

0693W000007CFmHQAW.png 

This error is coming when I RUN/Debug program using STM32CubeIDE.

I am Using ST-LinkV2 and STM32F103.

These are my debugger setting in CUBEIDE for reference.

Is my settings correct???? if not then tell me what to correct.0693W000007CFnZQAW.png 

P.S. ST-LinkV2 programmer and debugger is successfully flashing codes on the chip with the STM32CubeProgrammer.But showing error with CubeIDE. So pretty sure that problem is with my Settings in CubeIDE. But Don't know what exactly changes to be made

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

install latest gdb server software. Open firewall settings go to ibound connections and check if st-link_gdbserver is enabled. Check all the rules that contain gdbsever and enable it to allow connections for private and public networks

KGupt.1
Associate III

can u tell this thing in more brief or can refer to any doc or link.

I am new to the GDB thing, so can't figure out how to use it

KGupt.1
Associate III

well here it shows two labels with st-link_gdbserver and one of them was disabled, so I enabled that one.

0693W000007CR18QAG.png 

can u tell what do u mean by check all rules of gdbserver???

after enabling, I restart my STM32CubeiDE and debug the application but still showing same error.

KGupt.1
Associate III

An Update, I have one Nucleo board(WB55) too and it has an ST-LinkV2 onboard debugger.

when I debug and flash that Nucleo board with STM32CubeIDE it is done successfully showing no error for GDB, but when doing with

ST-Link V2 USB adaptor is showing the above-mentioned error......

So like where exactly can be the problem?????

1)is my ST-LINKV2 is at fault ( But it is able to flash programs via STM#@CubeProgrammer)

2)or Settings of my GDB Server with CubeIDE( But Nucleo board ST-LINKV2 Debugger has successfully debugged and flashed the code)

Really can't understand where exactly is the default.

I Will be waiting for an insightful and valuable reply eagerly

Hi @KGupt.1​ ,

Try to perform an STLink Firmware upgrade. You can do it using this application or from STM32CubeProgrammer interface.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.