cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have multiple displays on one MCU with touchgfx

SBACO
Associate III

Dear,

Is it possible to have 2 differents display connected to one MCU that can be run with touchgfx ? Like a TFT 16b 320x240 and a simpler monocolor 128x64.

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
MM..1
Chief II

In theory yes, but you need modify refresh drivers.

SBACO
Associate III

Thanks for your reply. Any idea where those refresh driver are located in the project ?

Does it mean that I need to have 2 HAL object running ? and probably 2 touchgfx designer project also ?

Regards,

I see one way: Create 320x(240+64) framebuffer , but ltdc config set to 320x240 and second display refresh over SPI ...

Only one TouchGFX with both design ...

Theoreticaly you can have 3 display one ltdc 320x240 second 128x64 and third 192x64 ...

SBACO
Associate III

But, if we do so, you only have one touchgfx project designer, right ? and so if you launch a transition, it will be on all screen.

It does not seems possible to instanciate 2 instances of touchgfx, as touchgfx::HAL::getInstance()->taskEntry(); for example, can only point to one instance, and it is included in the library.

Maybe it is possible to have two different namespace ?

Hm after two months , when you need i mean you can create more touchGFX objects and process, but i mean price for develop this is not comparable to use two STM and two displays

SBACO
Associate III

Yes it's been a while, but it takes time to build a custom eval board to do some testing with two displays. I base the EVB on a dual core, and wanted to have both displays on the same core, but I understand it will be painful in all configuration. I will go back to one core per displays, and now I need to figure out how to deal with the external QSPI flash that hold the images and require to be accessible on both core.