cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error C4447E (ARM- KEIL) adding libcrypto.a file

anuj
Associate II

Hi, I am working on STM32 based IC using KEIL IDE.

I have added Middleware Crypto lib to my project...file name is libcrytpo.a

When I add it into my project on compiling I get following error.

libcrypto.a: Error: C4447E: option '-E' and input file '..\Middlewares\ST\cryptolib\libcrypto.a' type conflict

libcrypto.a: error: A1905U: Pre-processor step failed for '..\Middlewares\ST\cryptolib\libcrypto.a'

How to resolve this issue? I am unable to understand the problem and cause of the error properly. please help

8 REPLIES 8
anuj
Associate II

@Community member​ @Winfred LU​ @Community member​ 

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  option '-E' and input file '..\Middlewares\ST\cryptolib\libcrypto.a' type conflict

Do not use option -E.

For more help with Keil's compiler and IDE please visit the Keil's forum here:

community.arm.com/developer/tools-software/tools/f/keil-forum

Good luck,

-- Pavel A.

AKryl.1
Associate

Hi, I have encountered the same problem. In my case the solution was as follows: when adding files with the extension .a to the Keil project, you must specify in their properties that this is a "Library file", not an "Assembly language file" (default).

hi,I don't understand what you say that "you must specify in their properties that this is a "Library file", not an "Assembly language file" (default).",how to do that, could you please tell me?,thank you!

yjun.1
Associate II

hi,do you resolve this problem? I have encountered those two errors too.if you have resolved it, please help me,thank you.

Hello @yjun.1​ ,

@AKryl.1​ is right. Keil is trying to preprocess the file (-E: run preprocessor) meaning that it considers it a source file. You can change how Keil interprets the file by right clicking on the file in the Project panel, clicking on Options for Fil 'filename' in the contexual menu, and changing the file type by selecting library in the File Type combo box.

0693W00000BcfVZQAZ.png 

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Thanks for your reply, I'll try it​.:)

You are right! I changed the File Type,now it works! no error! I worked this problem for 2 days in last week. thanks for your help!

0693W00000Bcm6vQAB.png