Cube IDE not detecting ST-LINK/V2 debugger and debugger on Evaluation board

Sridhar
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sridhar
Associate II

Problem is resolved.

STLink/V2 debugger USB service is being blocked by our company IT team's security software, after uninstalling the security software. CubeIDE 1.5.0 is detecting the STLINK debuger.

Thank you for the support.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

Try a different cable. Dont use a charging cable.

Try a different port.

Try a different program (e.g. STM32CubeProgrammer).

Restart STM32CubeIDE.

Reboot.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Sridhar
Associate II

Hi,

Cube IDE1.4.0 and Cube IDE1.5.0 are not detecting on-board ST-LINK debugger on the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 from past 2 days and also not detecting ST-LINK/V2 debugger on the target board also . i had referred to the other posts and tried updating dll file and also tried stopping the stlink server windows service, either of them are not working.

But both the boards are getting programmed from STLink utility programmer.

Presently i had downgraded to Cube IDE1.3.0, it is working but the proper support is not there in the CubeMx 5.6.0 for STM32H743 series controller.

So, can any one suggest any immediate solution or an alternative.

I am using the same setup from past two months, all of a sudden IDE started to pop-up error window. To my understanding STM32CubeProgrammer is for flashing only, but i need debugger. I had tried all the options mentioned, non of the are working.

Look for other running instance of IDE or CubeProgrammer or other program that can get hold of the ST-LINK.

-- pa

I had tried restarting the system, killing all the service instance, killing the stlink server service and reinstalling the CudeIDE. Non of them had worked.

Connect another Nucleo board?

-- pa

Same error pop up is coming for both the boards.

Sridhar
Associate II

Problem is resolved.

STLink/V2 debugger USB service is being blocked by our company IT team's security software, after uninstalling the security software. CubeIDE 1.5.0 is detecting the STLINK debuger.

Thank you for the support.