cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the touch point and the displayed position are exactly opposite?

LLiao.1
Associate II

Hello, 

I used the SMT32F429i-DISC1 and TouchGFX follow the user guide

coding, why the touch point and the displayed position are exactly opposite?

For example, if my button is on the far left, I have to press the far right position of panel to respond?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I'm not 100% clear on how you created the project. If you're using the application template from the designer then you shouldn't be having those issues.

Is this a brand new board? There have been cases where touch ics have been replaced on newer models (causing weird behavior).

/Martin

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Did you start your project from TouchGFX Designer by using the Application Template for the STM32F429I discovery board? This will generate a project with all the necessary configuration.

By user guide did you mean the online TouchGFX documentation? I believe you might have inverted some position settings within CubeMX at some point.

Could you share your project by any chance ?

/Romain

LLiao.1
Associate II

Hello,

I made it into a video, it might be easier for you to understand

https://youtu.be/G6UlKjft8jo

https://youtu.be/gFLBeQiGvd8

Leo Liao

Thanks ​& Best Regards

LLiao.1
Associate II

Yes, This is a new board , When I got it, its function was correct, after I download the demo code from web it started work abnormal. I am guessing it may be a problem with Touch IC. but I don't know what touch chips it used. 

LLiao.1
Associate II

Hello,

I tried to modify the BSP_TS_GetState() for Touch calibration, it seems works normal, but I am not sure is it make sense.

Thanks & Best Regards

Leo Liao

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

​That does look weird, and especially because the issue is also there using the ST out-of-the-box demo for the disc1.

I will see if we have a very new 429-disc1 board at the office

/Martin

OHenr.1
Associate II

Hello, I got the exact same issue with a new 429-disc1 board. Touch was working correct when the board arrived. After upload from TouchGFXdesigner the screen touch was verticaly mirrored. Example, when a button was at the top of the display I had to press at the bottom to selct this button. It shows also the same behavior when I upload the binary file form STM.com page with the original program.

Is there any solution? How to calibrate the touch positions at program start?

Oliver

OHenr.1
Associate II

To LLiao,

hello, how did you modify the BSP_TS_GetState() ?

Did it finaly solve your problem?

regards Oliver

OHenr.1
Associate II

Hello,

I investigated quite deep into this issue and my case is still open at ST.

For now I also modified the code in BSP_TS_GetState.

Modification y = 320 - y;

I subtract the y coordinate from pixelheight to invert y.

Now it works...

/Oliver