cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F746ZG Nucleo board's (STM32F103CBT6 controller used for ST-Link) ST-link USB bootloader and programming file (.out file)

S.Kamath
Associate II

Hi,

STM32F103CBT6 controller is used as "ST_link controller" in NUCLEO-F746ZG Nucleo board.

I'm looking for NUCLEO-F746ZG board's ST-link USB bootloader and programming file (.out file) for STM32F103CBT6 controller. Can someone send me link/path for ST-link's (STM32F103CBT6 controller) USB bootloader and programming file (.out file)

I'm making ST-link board design using STM32F103CBT6 controller. So, I'm looking for above mentioned file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If both channels really need to be transmitted to the host, ST-LINK/V2-1 might be a good choice. It is part of almost all NUCLEO-64 and can be broken from the target board. It offers RXD/TXD for the UART channel and SWD for the debug channel. You will find an overview of the available NUCLEO here.

The only downside: it's just a board and comes without a case. There are also some guys who use this exact approach, e.g.

https://jeelabs.org/book/1547a/

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No programming file is available and you are not authorized to do so. Please read the Open Platform license agreement.

Maybe the ready to buy ST-LINK/V2 is an option for you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Peter,

I thought Nucleo board's ST-link design is open source code.

In Nucleo, Both ST-link and "UART to USB" integrated in same/single USB connector. If I use ST-LINK/V2 as external programmer device, then how to combine "UART to USB" and external ST-link programming cable's USB connectivity on the same USB connector interface?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hi, @S.Kamath​,

It's not really difficult to combine multiple data streams on one USB port, as this is what USB was designed for. The STM32F103 at the ST-LINK/V2 just merges the SWD stream and the UART stream.

BTW: thanks to the more powerful STM32F7, the ST-LINK/V3 merges even more data into the data stream: SPI, I2C, CAN or GPIOs.

Regards

/Peter

Thanks for Peter for prompt response.

If I use ST-LINK/V2 as external programmer device, then how to combine "UART to USB" and external ST-link programming cable's USB connectivity on the same USB connector interface?

I do agree that we can manage entire solution by using STM32F103. But, this solution requires firmware development. I'm looking for solution without using firmware development

0693W000004JHN1QAO.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If both channels really need to be transmitted to the host, ST-LINK/V2-1 might be a good choice. It is part of almost all NUCLEO-64 and can be broken from the target board. It offers RXD/TXD for the UART channel and SWD for the debug channel. You will find an overview of the available NUCLEO here.

The only downside: it's just a board and comes without a case. There are also some guys who use this exact approach, e.g.

https://jeelabs.org/book/1547a/

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

S.Kamath
Associate II

Thanks for suggestions..!! I was thinking same approach before I ask my previous questions 🙂