cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DE substitute

Manuel.Gomez_Eurecat
Associate II

Hi,

We've got an old design with an LIS2DE sensor, but it is obsolete. Is there any part compatible pin-to-pin? Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Manuel Gómez Galán​ ,

the LIS2DW is compatible too. The main differences with the LIS2DE is that has selectable performance working modes, a much higher resolution and half of the current consumption.

The fact is that the 14L-package family accelerometers are quite obsolete, so for a long-time project (5 to 10 years) it is better to use the LIS2DW12 or the LIS2DTW12. But should be there for the next 1 to 5 years, at least the LIS2DH, which has similar performances compared to the LIS2DE but less than LIS2DW.

How many samples would you expect to need?

-Eleon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

yes of course. I suggest you the LIS2DW12 or the LIS2DTW12 (which has an embedded, accurate temperature sensor).

Both of them have higher performances compared to the old LIS2DE12, in terms of accuracy and digital embedded features.

Please let me know if one of them can be suitable for your application.

-Eleon

Manuel.Gomez_Eurecat
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

I'm looking for a substitute for the LIS2DE, not the LIS2DE12.

I've found the LIS2DW and it looks like a newer version of the LIS2DE, but it's only available on Mouser. Is it because its a very new part? Is the firmware we've developed compatible with this new sensor? I mean, are the registers and the control commands similar?

Thanks,

Manuel

sorry I mistake the part number...

There is the LIS2DH which has the same package (2x2 14L) of the LIS2DE and is pin-to-pin compatible.

Checking on Octopart it seems that this part number is available by most of the distributors.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Many thanks for your fast reply. I see in Mouser that it says it is obsolete, while in ST's webpage says it is still active. Could you please clarify?

About the LIS2DW, is it also compatible? if so, what are the differences between the LIS2DW and the LIS2DH?

Many thanks in advance. Best regards,

Manuel

the LIS2DW is compatible too. The main differences with the LIS2DE is that has selectable performance working modes, a much higher resolution and half of the current consumption.

The fact is that the 14L-package family accelerometers are quite obsolete, so for a long-time project (5 to 10 years) it is better to use the LIS2DW12 or the LIS2DTW12. But should be there for the next 1 to 5 years, at least the LIS2DH, which has similar performances compared to the LIS2DE but less than LIS2DW.

How many samples would you expect to need?

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Please note that you can directly refer to the very new st.com official eStore, that you can directly access in the below links:

• LIS2DW stock: 5202 units
  • LIS2DH stock: out of store (I apologize for this, there was an internal misunderstanding...)
  • LIS2DE stock: NDRD.

-Eleon