cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get the Data Ready Interrupt working on the LIS2DE12TR.

PDavi.5
Associate

We really need help getting the LIS2DE12TR to toggle the INT1 pin when new data is ready to be read.

I've included the workspace bundle of our source. We are using a Cypress microprocessor.

We can read the Whoami and successfully get 0x33.

We've written the following register values:

0x02 -> reg 0x25

0x10 -> reg 0x22

0x7f -> reg 0x20

in that order and have read the register back to confirm that we are loading them correctly

We can poll registers 0x29 though 0x2D and see data from the accelerometer, but we cannot get the new data ready interrupt to activate.

On the Cypress side, we can manually trigger the interrupt line just fine. We have tried both active low and active high configurations through the accelerometer.

The volume on this design is over 100Ku per year, and this is now stopping us from pre-production validation, the LIS2DE was chosen for price and availability, but the value is falling as we cannot get into production.

We could really use some answers.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PDavi.5​ ,

I see you are writing 22h in CTRL_REG3 (22h) register. But if you want the DRDY on INT1, you should write 10h in the register (i.e. enable the I1_ZYXDA bit, datasheet p.34). On Github you only have the example for polling mode reading, not interrupt driven (except in the FIFO case).

0693W00000Bc9JHQAZ.pngI also suggest you to set the BDU bit in CTRL_REG4 (23h) register.

Let me please know if this can solve your issue.

-Eleon