cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Kernel build failure.

JSpra
Associate III

I’m getting a build error when attempting to build the linux kernel.

ERROR:

scripts/extract-cert.c:21:10: fatal error: openssl/bio.h: No such file or directory

#include <openssl/bio.h>

I have followed instructions from https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Modify,_rebuild_and_reload_the_Linux%C2%AE_kernel

and README.HOW_TO.txt

Get same error when following either document.  I don’t see “openssl�?  included in the kernel source.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fee
Senior

Your host on which you cross-compile the kernel needs the libssl-dev packet. On Ubuntu just install it via

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

This should solve the error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fee
Senior

Your host on which you cross-compile the kernel needs the libssl-dev packet. On Ubuntu just install it via

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

This should solve the error.

Thanks @Lukas Brückner​ you are right.

@JSpra​ 

The complete package dependence list is available in wiki page https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites

• Packages needed for some "Developer Package" use cases:

PC $> sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev lib32ncurses5 libssl-dev linux-headers-generic u-boot-tools device-tree-compiler bison flex g++

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JSpra
Associate III

Looks like I am missing "linux-headers-generic" package. I did not notice it failed to install when I was adding the prerequisites. For some reason I don't have access to server that provides this package. I recently started having other network issues, I assume this this is the cause. Will run this down on my end, sorry to bother you with this.

I appreciate you help!