cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of build in kernel device drivers

Seyad_Anas_Arif
Associate II

I completed upto modify a build in linux on board following this link Now  i am getting issuses like  display doesnt turned on and .Not able to connect with board via ip address. After connect with ttyacm0 its showing like the board has struct in starting kernel. How to overcome this. I cannot able to connect with board terminal via ttyacm0 also

Screenshot from 2024-03-19 12-03-43.png

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Seyad_Anas_Arif,
Hard to answer you like that. I will be a little bit more information.

1) Which board do you use ? A custom one or a Discovery Kit from STMicroelectronics ? 
2) Can you verify that the Starter Package (your original SD card) is well aligned on the same OpenSTLinux than the Kernel you compile ? If you have any doubt, flash again your SD card following this article : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_Evaluation_boards_-_Starter_Package
3) As your use case is quite standard, you may have missed a step in the wiki article. Please verify the following points :

• With the Starter Package (default SD card), you can well boot your board
  • You well sourced your SDK before compiling your Linux Kernel.
  • First, try to just recompile the Kernel, copy the files on the SD card as explained in the wiki and boot. OK ? well next step. KO ? There is something wrong with your setup
  • Modify your kernel, compile, copy the files. OK ? maybe you missed something before. KO ? Your change in the kernel breaks the boot, and so share me the diff between the original kernel and your own one. 

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

i am using stm32mpu157d-dk1 .  i completed upto this step using wiki article after that 

Seyad_Anas_Arif_0-1711429963919.png

to check this i enter the above comment in my st development kit but i didn't get any reply from target. so that i tried to redo that whole process then only main issue occurred (main post)

@Seyad_Anas_Arif ,
A such simple modification of the kernel cannot impact the boot like that, so I think the problem is somewhere else. 
Can you put in attachment the entire boot logs (not only kernel, but also before, TF-A, OP-TEE, U-BOOT). I would like to be sure that your starter package is aligned with the kernel you recompile.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

"I dropped that project due to latency in support."