cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU not working on any STM32 board

KevinA
Senior

NUCLEO boards are all not doing DFU: G031K8, L031K6, G431KB, G431RB, L452RE, L476RG, F401RE and of course the H743ZI the first version with STLINK2

None of those boards are seen by STMCUBE Programmer, in Windows 10 Device Manager USB section I never see a DFU device.

Looking in the INF folder for STM32 INF files the DFU INI (which gets changed to OEMxx.inf when it is imported) was not there. The DFU install bat file gives no errors and does nothing.

Why doesn't DFU installer and STM32CubeProg work? Why am I wasting my time on USB driver issues?

3 REPLIES 3
PMath.4
Senior III

Can't comment on other boards but it works perfectly on H743Zi (first version)

Patch BT0 to 3.3V. Connect power to the board however is convenient. Plug USB into CN3 and it enumerates on the PC.

It doesn't and can't work through the ST-LINK USB connection so on boards like the Nucleo-L476 you are going to need to patch a USB cable to PA11(D-) and PA12(D+)

KevinA
Senior

Thank you, I thought I'd lost it. The CN3 thing worked, this means any device that you try to use DFU on has to be the device ie: RX/TX to STM32CUbeProg. I noticed a HEX file along side the DUF in the MicroPython build directory, using STM32CudeProg via ST-Link I downloaded it and it worked fine, I think they added that method to the Wiki. I read the users manual for STLINK-V3SET and it says 'Direct firmware update support (DFU)' and Drag and Drop firmware, what that means is not known since they do not explain.

PMath.4
Senior III

"I read the users manual for STLINK-V3SET and it says 'Direct firmware update support (DFU)' and Drag and Drop firmware, what that means is not known since they do not explain."

The STLINK appears as a disk drive on your PC in filemanager. You can update the firmware by dragging and dropping a .BIN file to that disk file. This is the method I use all the time