Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAT Target External mode error. Chapter 2

Takumi Lee
Associate III

Hi,

I want to use matlab simulink to program a ST-Nucleo_F303RE board,

with Matlab Simulink 2019b ver.2 with and extensions, ST MAT/TARGET,

CubeMX newest version and SW4. (because CubeIDE it does not work)

As a first attempt, I followed the MAT / TARGET documentation to implement a simple source code generation.

More or less, that worked after several hours/days. Without this forum, I would have no success. Because, as always special error treatment knowledge is needed. I mean very special. For this read other posts, not from me.

Now I want to use the external mode, because I need it in the end.

I followed the MAT / TARGET documentation again, without success !

Then I looked at an example code, in the example ADC folder, I generate with the CubeMX software my new processor icon file and this example Simulink circuit.

0690X00000AtPoGQAV.png

Then as I thought so a TransportLayer: ext_comm error !

After several hours, I came up with the idea to select the rider times and back again.

0690X00000AtPoLQAV.png

A success. Again special error treatment knowledge is needed ! You must switch tcpip and again to serial to update MATLAB =) , yes.

0690X00000AtPoQQAV.bmp

After the error handling, however, a new problem. And i dont know the special error treatment knowledge.

0690X00000AtPo6QAF.png

And how i must write the version number in the Toolchain selector ?

I tryed but, i dont know how it works.

0690X00000AtPoVQAV.png

And if I gerneate the External Mode Code for standalone mode, SW4 geht this error messages.

0690X00000AtPoaQAF.png

I hope somebody can help me =)

Best Regards

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cyril FENARD
ST Employee

​Hi all,

Full compatibility for External Mode with R2019B version MATLAB/Simulink is not available at current date.

A delivery for this compatibility with R2019B is planned for 2020.

In the meantime, the delivery for the end of December 2019 is compatible with R2018B and STM32CubeMX 5.4.0.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Regards.

Cyril

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
S.Ma
Principal

All I know is STM32 MAT Target must be used with specified version of CubeMX and Matlab, If they differ, no guarantee of things working.

Find out the info and get the right setup. Someone told me that sometime in automotive project, a snapshot of the tools is taken as reference and no update is allowed until the project ends, to avoid issues due to upgrades. A good way to keep on schedule

Takumi Lee
Associate III

I need matlab 2019b because of the Simscape PMSM Block with delta configuration. I can not use a sepcific matlab version.

And i think CubeMX versions are not the problem.

I think it is time for a net MAT/TARGET from ST.

S.Ma
Principal

If the new release deployment is late I would guess R2019b maynot be a simple transparent upgrade causing extensions reworks and delays to keep up.

Matlab 21GB ISO file tells me it's probably not a trivial tool to handle... even on MS OneDrive =)

Cyril FENARD
ST Employee

​Hi all,

Full compatibility for External Mode with R2019B version MATLAB/Simulink is not available at current date.

A delivery for this compatibility with R2019B is planned for 2020.

In the meantime, the delivery for the end of December 2019 is compatible with R2018B and STM32CubeMX 5.4.0.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Regards.

Cyril

Takumi Lee
Associate III

Hi Cyril FENARD,

thank you for the information.

Do you know exactly when the relase will appear around 2020?

A (x) quarter or month indication would be enough for me.

Ragards

Aaron