cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box not connecting

RUrio.872
Associate II

Hello, I had a problem while transfering one of available Demos for my SensorTile.box (STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1) , probably a battery issue, and data transfer wasn't complete. After it, app find TILEBOX but don't connect. Is there a way to reset it to default ?

Regards

Ricardo Urio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
İÜnal.1
Associate

Hi! I have solved this problem. I followed these steps which described in attached PDF file in page 56.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RUrio.872​ did you face the issue during the 1st firmware upgrade (when you)? Btw, you can restore the default FW by directly flashing it via DFU on the STM32L4 of your ST.box, follow these instruction:

• Install DfuSe utility (STSW-STM32080 package), if not already done (please follow the first section of the UM0412 for the description of the dfu mode)
  • create a dfu file e.g. from the .bin file BLESensors.bin in \en.FP-SNS-STBOX1_firmware\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\BLESensors\Binary. You have to use the DFU File Manager installed together with the DfuSe tool. Please follow p.16 instruction of the UM0412.
  • remove the ST.box package, if not yet done
  • unplug the battery from the ST.box, if plugged
  • press the BOOT button and plug it to your PC via USB cable while keeping the button pressed
  • release the BOOT button once the USB is plugged
  • open the DfuseDemo app and check if your device is recognized
  • if the device is detected, upload the .dfu file created at point 2 (please follow the User interface part of UM0412 for the description of the dfu mode)
  • once the FW has been upgraded, release the .dfu mode

Please check if the ST.box is now working via the ST BLE Sensor app.

Regards

RUrio.872
Associate II

0690X00000ArWU9QAN.jpg0690X00000ArWU4QAN.jpg0690X00000ArWTuQAN.jpgHello Eleon,

I downloaded en.FP-SNS-STBOX1_firmware file and generated dfu file (52Kb) from BLESensors.bin . DfuSe Demo app detected the device (STM Device in DFU Mode). So I clicked "Choose..."button at box "Upload Action", and when I selected the dfu file, I receievd a message asking if I would like to overwrite the dfu file (!?). I confirmed the overwrite, selected Target Id 00 - Internal Flash at Targets windows and then uploaded, but it still not connecting with ST BLE android app. I tried to write to targets IDs 01 and 02 as well with no success. What more can I do ?

Kind regards

Ricardo Urio

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

0690X00000AriRMQAZ.jpgHi Ricardo, did you release the dfu mode after downloading the bin file, by clicking "Leave DFUmode" button?

About the 2nd and 3rd pic you are showing, are you able to find your device TILEBOX in the BLE list but you are not able to connect it, right?

Regards

RUrio.872
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

"Did you release the dfu mode after downloading the bin file, by clicking "Leave DFUmode" button?"

A: Yes, I did

"...are you able to find your device TILEBOX in the BLE list but you are not able to connect it, right?"

A:It's right, app shows TILEBOX but don't connecto to it

Regards

Check if you maybe associated the ST.box device via Bluetooth with your smartphone. In case, you have to de-associate it from the Settings of your smartphone, and then retry to connect via BLE. Are you using a Huawei phone? Regards

RUrio.872
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

The problem is solved. I uploaded the .dfu again, but only using "Upgrade" button from "Upgrade or Verify Action" panel. Before, I used "Upload" button too. Now I didn't touch on it and worked fine.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ricardo Urio

DfuSe is obsolete, use the new STM32CubeProg tool. Note that DFU drivers are incompatible: you must uninstall DfuSe including its DFU drivers. STM32CubeProg also replaces ST-Link utility

Jan Wustrau
Associate II

Hi all.

I have the same problem. After firmware update from BLE Sensor App sensor box is not visible any more via bluetooth or as COM port in computer.

Where i can find file BLESensors.bin? I looked for it on my computer, also on STM page but with no results.

Hi @Jan Wustrau​ , you have to download the ST.box firmware function pack here. Then go to \STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\BLESensors\Binary and you will find the binary file BLESensors.bin. To download this file on the ST.box, you can use the DFU method, following the above explained instructions. Regards