cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile Box Pro cannot receive data through bluetooth

Raphael-Leb
Associate

Hello, I'm having trouble interacting with the SensorTile Box Pro through the BlueST protocol.

I've used the ST BLE sensor app to set the device to stream compass data, I used the included example and did not change anything. In the app, I can receive compass data without a problem with its included visualiser. I then used the Lightblue app to receive the same data, and it worked without a problem. I used the BlueST datasheet to figure out which characteristic held the compass data, and subscribing to receive notifications worked immediately.

RaphaelLeb_0-1726177083658.png

The next step is where I seem to be blocked, I want to receive this data with an esp32 dev board. I used a xiao esp32c3 with the included bluetooth library. I wrote a very basic script that connects to the sensortile and subscribes to the characteristic. Connecting and finding the characteristic work without a problem, but I cannot get it to receive data at all. My arduino script is attached as a .c (the forum doesn't like .ino) for reference and these are my console prints: 

RaphaelLeb_1-1726177388700.png

Can anyone help me figure out what I am missing to receive notifications? 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Raphael-Leb ,

It is not a problem of the sensortile PRO BLE protocol.
In fact, with other apps, even not the official one, the notifications work and show up.
Try debugging the bluetooth library that uses esp32.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.