cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32 device wan to display the UTF8 format string from my phone App through bluetooth.

fema
Associate III

How can i use TrueType font engine (dynamic to display different language in different size in TouchGFX ? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @fema​,

Sounds like you want to check out the new binary fonts / font cache feature in TouchGFX 4.12.3!

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024979552-Using-Binary-Fonts-and-the-Font-Cache

It allows you to create binary versions of a typography that you can place anywhere you want, rather than having it in flash. You can then load these and cache individual glyphs (e.g. from a text message sent from a phone) and display them on screen. This is particularly useful for asian fonts that have a lot of glyphs, difficult to store in addressable memory.

/Martin

Use the text convert to generate the binary fonts which might not really solve my problem.

For example : To display the different fonts in different size , then i need to generate a binary fonts which include all fonts at different size . It might be a very large file size since it contains a lot of different font size. I need to include all fonts since i can't predict which language will come from the phone App and i need to display them on different size .

Is it possible that TouchGFX support the external TrueType font engine (like the FreeType library) ?

Thanks