cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code STM32L microcontroller with Adafruit Ultimate GPS

Hi, I am new programming with STM microcontrollers and I would need to to program the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 development board with the Adafruit Ultimate GPS module quickly. The idea is to see the GPS data in the simplest way.

Could you please help with this? Any example or information will be appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
umesh_patil
Associate II

GlobalTop-FGPMMOPA6C ...try with this gps module...easy to implement with uart.

I already have the Adafruit Ultimate GPS. It would be useful if you could provide an example about how to code it through UART, how to test it and read it. As far as I know, the gps send automatically data without previous configuration, so it should be simple just to read this information through UART.

THanks

Standard NMEA-183 GPS is easy to parse.

Just wait for the start character ($) and collect chars up to the terminator (\r\n).

Then do with them as you wish.

> As far as I know, the gps send automatically data without previous configuration, so it should be simple just to read this information through UART.

Receivers use to have a configured default, which is not always what you want.

Check for the exact GPS receiver model on that ADA module, and see if you can get (download) a configuration tool from the OEM.

You can usually set the sentences you want and their transmission periods according to your need.

Otherwise, read the datasheet, and try configuring the receiver from within you application. This is also necessary if the receiver has no NVM (permanent memory for config parameters).

Examples have been posted.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..