cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about BLE Version

zhangtinglu
Associate III

The original version of STM32WB Ble stack is 1.0.0.3/e, Other releases include 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.2.0. What are the differences between these versions? Can you provide detailed documentation?

In addition, I'm going to buy some STM32WB . Are these chips manufactured with Ble stacks installed?

9 REPLIES 9
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The most recent version of the STM32CubeWB FW Package V1.3.0 has been officially released last week and available for download st.com. Please have a look at the releases notes to see the differences with the previous versions.

There is no BLE stack on the chip you would buy from the distributor. Only the Firmware Upgrade Service (FUS) is installed. This service helps install one of the encrypted wireless stacks available in the FW package in a secure way.

Note that if you buy a STM32WB55 Nucleo pack, the 2 boards (Nucleo and dongle) both have a pre-installed BLE stack.

Are you sure about V1.3.0 being released? It's not available for download in any software, and I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​You're right. V1.3.0 has been released internally and will only be available week41 when the new version of CubeMX is realeased too.

Sorry about the confusion.

OK.

Dongle has been upgraded to 1.2.0 according to the release notes.

But Nucleo made a mistake. An unrecognized USB device (STEP2) appeared after entering DFU. But dongle had no such problem.

Could you help me analyze the reasons?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​I assume the jumpers are correctly set on the Nucleo board: BOOT0 pin HIGH: CN7-5 to CN7-7 and Power Jumper JP2 to 5-6.

Is there any more information on when 1.3.0 will be released? Also, will 1.3.0 include a way to upload the FUS and BLE stack through the JTAG/SWD port?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Main Changes in this STM32CubeWB Firmware Package V1.3.0: Introduction of ZIGBEE support

STM32WB ecosystem keeps growing, now with the introduction of ZigBee protocol support as certified compliant platform, running on certified 802.15.4 2015 LLD MAC and PHY.

• Zigbee Compliant Platform certified and 3 associated applications linked to OnOff cluster:
    • Zigbee_OnOff_Coord: How to use OnOff cluster on a Centralized Zigbee network with device acting as coordinator.
    • Zigbee_OnOff_Distrib: How to use OnOff cluster on a Distributed Zigbee network.
    •  Zigbee_OnOff_Router: How to use OnOff cluster on a Centralized Zigbee network with device acting as router.
    • They are added under “Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Zigbee�?
  • Certified 802.15.4 MAC and compliancy with Zigbee.
  • Thread secured FOTA for both wireless stack and user application. Supports 3 new applications:
    • T hread_Ota
    • Thread_Ota_Server
    • Thread_Coap_Generic_Ota
  • BLE stack and application improvements:
    • Support Flash erase during RF activity from Application side
    • Support new Application : BLE_MultiAppAt - STM32WB Network processor via AT Instruction
  • Integration of BLE Mesh library v1.10.004
  • Maintenance release for CMSIS, HAL and LL drivers.
Peter Schmid
Associate

We have CW 42 and I still can't find the V1.3.0 on the STM website. I really would like to have the flash erase during RF activity support and a released FUS Operator.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

CubeWB FW V1.3.0 will be on the ST site Wednesday morning together with the new version of Cube V1.2.0.