cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your standpoint on the matter of people parsing your reference manuals to generate header files and stuff? Is it completely forbidden, do you require special license notices or are people free to use them to their liking to generate headers?

h2obrain
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5

ST doesn't have a heavy participation here. You should discuss with ST Legal Dept, or via you sales rep or FAE.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

Just by curiosity, what tool can browse through PDF to make C text files?

Sounds like one of those projects to invent better wheel at all costs. What's wrong with the provided device headers? (I *know* what's wrong with them, but that hardly can be solved by throwing automated tools at the manual).

The manuals are provided in order to facilitate using the chips, that's their purpose. How can this facilitation be different if you rechew the manuals using a machine? IANAL of course; but IMO seeing any malice in this would be far off even in the wrecked judicial system of an unnamed major western state.

JW

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Things like Gpio Remap and DMA channels are not found in the normal header.I used python and the cube xml descriptions to get gpio remap and dma channel setting headers.

I would extract the text with something like tabula, then parse this text using python/regex.