cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How or is it possible to read multiple HTS221 sensors on the same I2C bus?

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi,

I noticed there is only one I2C slave address configuration for this device, that implies that I can only read one sensor on an I2C bus. But does anybody know if there is a trick or two to read two of the same sensor on the same I2C bus? Or do I have to go with the route of reading one on I2C and another on SPI? I'd really prefer the first option though.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DLim.16​ , of course the "cleanest" thing to do if you are in the HW design phase of your platform is to place the different HTS221 sensors on the same SPI lines, driving them with separated CSs lines (active low). If you haven't the possibility to use SPI communication, and you have to share the I2C lines, you could keep the CS low (SPI enabled) on the HTS221 sensors you aren't currently reading, and CS high on the running device. Regards

S.Ma
Principal

Humidity sensor are slow sensors, You could implement a SW I2C for example sharing the same SDA and having different SCL signals.

This way, by keeping SCL low on other I2C devices, only one will see the start bit.

Thank you for your answer!

Thank you for your answer!