cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Keil/IAR projects to STM32Cube IDE

reokyouma
Associate III

if i Migrated a sample project from Keil Uvision to STM32Cube IDE. What changes do i need to do in that project to fit for the STM32Cubde IDE

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

My official recommendation is to wait to migrate to CubeIDE until you have a new project and not migrate as it's not guaranteed to work.

However.... :smiling_face_with_halo: you should be able to use the methods used for migrating IAR projects to TrueSTUDIO and probably manage to get it to work with CubeIDE since they are pretty similar.

I haven't tried it myself and I'm not sure if it's possible, but if you want to try then here is the manual for how to do it in TrueSTUDIO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

My official recommendation is to wait to migrate to CubeIDE until you have a new project and not migrate as it's not guaranteed to work.

However.... :smiling_face_with_halo: you should be able to use the methods used for migrating IAR projects to TrueSTUDIO and probably manage to get it to work with CubeIDE since they are pretty similar.

I haven't tried it myself and I'm not sure if it's possible, but if you want to try then here is the manual for how to do it in TrueSTUDIO.

First of all thank you for this Guide!

Can i have a follow up question, do you have any guide there for migration from f4 to l4?

Thanks for this recommandation. Since the CubeIde relaase, I was wondering if I have to migrate my TrueStudio Project.

I spend and lost a lot time after while I roll back to TrueStudio. I had a lot of trouble with project configuration, virtual folder include issue. Unable to compile properly.

I will stay on the TrueStudio last release until a real major relaease of CubeIde.

Bertrand

Maybe such a guide exists somewhere but it's not a guide we made at previous-Atollic so I can't link you anything about it.