cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any user manual to import a Keil MDK 5 project to CubeIDE?

ALee.10
Associate

Our company intends to change the development tool from Keil to CubeIDE, but we have a lot of old projects based on Keil. Is there any way to import Keil project into CubeIDE?

6 REPLIES 6
hansd56
Senior II

Hi, I belief not implemented yet. Use Attolic True Studio to import Keil, get it to compile and run and then import True Studio project into STM32CubeIDE. That's the difference between paying $5000/seat and $0. I hope this helps.

KSing
Associate II

Hi, yeah @hansd56​  is saying correct you should try importing through the same procedure. I have tried importing projects from True Studio it just asks for some changes which you need or not it's going to make changes for you on its own.

Regards

Siingla

I think i'd wait for 3.0 to arrive before steering a commercial project off the rails.. At least factor in the man/month costs of time you'll be wasting dealing with all the QA issues.

If you are using ST CM0(+) chips there is a free Keil license.

Keil MDK Essential is around $1500/node/year

Keil uses XML project files, I'd imagine a marginally competent CS/EE intern could write a script to morph most of that to a buildable project in some other tool or makefile.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III
Cfaya.1
Associate II

Is there any updates on this?

I am trying to port over from Keil to STM32CubeIDE now

Me too. Still waiting. How did DamogranLabs go?