cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Space in execution region with .ANY

rsoma
Associate II

Hi,

I am working for an project with STM32L496 target board.

When i tried building the project, i got the error saying,

ERROR: L6406E : No Space in execution region with .ANY main.o(.bss).

I am trying to use full SRAM memory present(320KB) for the global and stack variables. Load and execution is done from the Flash(1MB).

How can i access/use total SRAM available memory for my project..?

Please help me.

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

This error is caused by some setting in your linker script and usage for RAM/Flash in your program. As you don't give any information about the used linker scripts, the particularities of your program, the projects and your compiler, we ca not help you.

Make sure all memory is described to linker, if the areas are non-contiguous you'll need to use pragma or attribute setting to direct usage. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Clive Two.Zero

Thanks for your fast reply.

Please can you elaborate what to do.As i am Newbie unable to understand.

Hi Uwe Bonnes,

Thanks for your quikr reply, and here i am attaching my linker and memory usage options for you. Please find them and suggest me further.

Thanks.

rsoma
Associate II

Hi,

Somehow i have managed to solve that issue by modifying the scatter file(just increased the RW and ZI sections frmo Flash).

First, Disabled -> Use Memory Layout form Target Dialog option (So that i can use my own Scatter file). To disable goto, Option for Target -> Linker , and diasbled.

Second, modified orginal Scatter file. Drawn some memory from FLASH memory which is 1MB of size and made it to RW section.Can look into the image i have attached for more details of scatter file. 

Added this lines to scatter file,

RW_IROM1 0x080CE000 0x32000 {

.ANY (+RW +ZI)

}

But, can i use Flash memory for RW & ZI purpose, is that okay to use.