cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartCard example for STM32H7

larenge
Associate II

HI, I am trying to implement smart card reader on this chip. I got the ATR from the card, and tried to port AN4800_FW_V1.0.0 examples but without success.

Do you know when some example for this chip will be avaliable?

8 REPLIES 8

For commercial projects, discuss with your FAE

Look at ST board examples where SmartCard support is present, and port them

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Examples\SMARTCARD\SMARTCARD_T0\Src\smartcard.c

I don't see any current, or future, ST H7 EVAL boards supporting SmartCards

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
larenge
Associate II

Thank you for your answer. In past i have already implmented smartcard reader with STM32F4, and I know where is source code for start of porting to H7 (see in my comment AN4800 reference).

I resolved problem I had in January but didn't have time to write here.

STM32H7 chip has errata for smart card interface, but STM is not interested in this. Also I wrote them directly via Support Request, and after month of waiting i received answer how to implement SD card! Oh, thank you very much, i asked aboud SMART CARD not SD card.

So, if anyone have problem with smart card interface with STM32H7 feel free to contact me directly.

I think they are at least two die steppings beyond whatever you have in hand. So either the SmartCard errata has been addressed or the perceived use case footprint for it is very small/niche.

Indulge me, what is the use case for a 400-500 MHz CM7 with SmartCard? A ticketing terminal?

Hello I have the same problem with H7.

ATR works but PPS not. Did you have any hint or code to share?

Thank you

What version/step of the H7 are you using?

Your options here are to file a "Online Support Request" and get whatever FAQ information that is on file, or you call your local sales/support office, and work with an FAE on your application/implementation.

That's my version STM32H743ZITx.

About Online support request or FAE, no hope!

I was thinking more of the Y vs V stepping version, and if those relate to any errata issues.

Perhaps there are forums, or contractors, with more Smart Card specific experience/expertise.

larenge
Associate II

Dear Gerrardo, I can answer your question privately. Can you send me direct message?