cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my USBH_FATFS_FREETOS program work with one board and does not work with the other?

Tung Nguyen
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using 2 STM32F7-SOMs and the same program for both of them. I have ran my program on the original STM32F7-SOM, and the USB host was working. Then, I ran it on the other STM32F7-SOM, and the USB stucks at enumeration state.

Any suggestions or contributions are much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Figure you'll need to debug, and scope out clocks, etc.

Check oscillators are starting, and internal clocking is working. Output internal clocks via MCO (PA8) pin. Output diagnostic/telemetry information via USART

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tung Nguyen
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm the absolute beginner when it comes to circuit.

1. What is the difference between oscillators and internal clocking?
  2. What diagnostic/telemetry information are you referring to? Are you referring to the oscillator and internal clocking?
  3. If yes, what is the difference between outputting information via MCO and USART?
  4. What device or tool should I use to see the internal clocks and diagnostic/telemetry information? How do I reach the step that I can see those information?
  5. How do oscillators and internal clock relate to the problem of USB being stuck at enumeration state?

If you don't have time to answer all of those questions, I understand. I would be happy if you can provide me some useful links to read.

Once again.

Thank you for your time.

Have a good day.

Tung Nguyen
Associate II

Thank you. I have figured out the problem. Just the frequency issue. 48 MHZ instead of 96