cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube DSP libraries

vlad
Associate
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 17:56

Does anyone know what happened to the DSP libraries? I'm trying to get some arm_... basic math functions to work with the new HAL libraries used by STM32Cube and the header files used in the CMSIS/DSP_lib library won't work. I could not find any updated DSP libraries in the FW.F4.1.10 firmware package.

Thanks!

#comment-of-the-day #comment-of-the-day #arm-cmsis-dsp #stm32cube
8 REPLIES 8
Posted on March 25, 2014 at 10:56

Hi Vard,

The CMSIS DSP Software Library is not available within the STM32Cube FW F4 V1.1.0, for packaging size reason.

However, once installed, your used toolchain (IAR, Keil..) can provide you this CMSIS DSP Software Library, and can be located under installation folders, for example:

• IAR: C:\Keil\ARM\CMSIS\DSP_Lib
  • Keil: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5\arm\CMSIS\DSP_Lib

Best regards,

Posted on April 11, 2014 at 17:47

> The CMSIS DSP Software Library is not available within the STM32Cube FW F4 V1.1.0, for packaging size reason.

You mean, the cca 5MByte unpacked DSP library sources would inflate the cca 140MByte zip in an unacceptable way?

JW

Posted on April 11, 2014 at 18:51

You mean, the cca 5MByte unpacked DSP library sources would inflate the cca 140MByte zip in an unacceptable way?

ROTFL - Comment of the Day, Thanks Jan
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 24, 2014 at 11:34

I agree very much. The package size is a lame excuse. There are web servers and all kind of PC stuff in the package. Please add the DSP lib. I don't want to archive my toolchain with my project. The STM32Cube is unusable to me in the current state.

One other thing: The examples are now grouped by eval board instead of peripheral. This might be nice for newbies but it is not nice for pros to look through a lot of folders to find an example.

The second point is not THAT important but the DSP lib really matters. And please do not add even more stuff. I did choose ST _because_ of the clean library. If I want a fucked up chaos as a library, I can go with Atmel. 🙂 In my view the once stellar quality of the libraries has dropped a little in the last years. Please work against this.

Regards,

Chris

Posted on April 24, 2014 at 14:05

If I want a fucked up chaos as a library, I can go with Atmel.

But they do try very hard.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ax0018
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 08:00

Totally agree.

Posted on June 30, 2014 at 15:35

Hi,

The CMSIS DSP Software Library will be added in next version of STM32Cube packages (first to implement it will be STM32CubeL1, release by end of september).

Thank you for your interest in our STM32Cube solution.

With regards.

Posted on January 15, 2015 at 22:47

I've just learned that the DSP library v1.4.4 is included in the 'F4 Cube v1.4 package.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1897/PF259243

or direct link

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/st_prod_software_internet/resource/technical/software/firmware/stm32cubef4.zip

Thanks.

JW