Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using templates with IAR

luis
Associate II
Posted on August 25, 2014 at 03:29

Hi everyone,

So i have started to use STM32 MCUs.

I used before Tiva MCUs with IAR and now i'm trying it with the ST.

I realy find hard to configure a project to work with the HAL drivers. You need always do so much each time you create a project. So i wanted to use the templates and just change the main.

Problem is everytime i copy it, it just doesn't find any of the files associated like HAL drivers.

Am i doing anytigh rong?

#project-templates-in-workbench
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on August 25, 2014 at 12:08

everytime i copy it, it just doesn't find any of the files associated like HAL drivers.

Correct: It doesn't just find them - you have to tell it where they are!

Obviously, if you copy a project without that information, then the copy is also not going to have that information!

Look-up the documentation for includes paths, library paths, etc...
luis
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2014 at 17:27

So what is the point of a template if i have to set it up every option, include, file if i copy it?

I always take like 10-20min to set up at project and most of the times it doesn't work the includes even though i included the entire Cube.

Posted on September 01, 2014 at 17:45

Hi afonso.luis.001,

I don't really have enough insight into what specifically you are doing, and how. Could you provide a little more information about the STM32Cube package you are using ?  

Please note that you must copy the ''Templates'' folder at the directory hierarchy level.

With regards.

David Brooks
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 17:42

I think I have the same question as Luis. I want to use Cube to configure my hardware. However, when the project is opened in IAR Workbench, I want that project to be pre-configured from a template with C-STAT and C-RUN settings, compiler and linker settings, etc. In fact, even if I don't use Cube, I still want to create a new project from a template.