Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 STemwin support

gajraj
Associate II
Posted on March 13, 2018 at 09:23

Hi All,

i am looking for the support regarding STemWin library (STemWin526_CM4_IAR.a).

Sharing the project details –

1. Controller – STM32F439 @ 180MHz

2. SDRAM – 16MB

3. LCD I/f – 24 bit RGB

4. LCD Pixel Clock – 15Mhz

5. LCD Resolution  – 480 * 480

6. Development Environment – IAR Embedded Workbench

We have developed an application using STemWin library to display aircraft parameters.

Our display update requirement is 50ms.  We have profiled the display APIs execution time in our test platform & noticed that without Antialiasing functionality it is taking around 40ms. However, when we enable Antialiasing it is extending upto 150ms.

Likewise, if we directly display onto to the LCD, we are facing flickering issue. To avoid this flickering if we include Memory device, then additional 90ms is consumed by copyToLCD API.

Effectively we are observing with Antialiasing & Memory Device the execution is around 250ms. Our end objective is  to achieve < 50ms.

We are seeking professional support to optimize the execution time in the STemWin Library for our configuration. Request you to advise me on the issue.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Posted on March 13, 2018 at 17:32

Hello Mahadoria.Gajraj_Sin,

It is recommended to use the DMA2D in order to offload the CPU which is available since the SEGGER emWin version V5.

Version 5.30

- emWin now supports ARGB as logical color to be able to use the full performance of Chrom-ART Accelerator (DMA2D).

Which Cube firmware package are you using ?

The CubeF4 package 'STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0' available using SEGGER emWin version V5.

So, I think updated your Cube Firmware package to use version of STemWin library that supports DMA2D may help you.

As well, have a look to https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/25/ca/f9/b4/ae/fc/4e/1e/DM00287603/files/DM00287603.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00287603.pdf

: LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs , this application note can be your reference and may help you to obtain the best possible performances.

Best Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on March 13, 2018 at 17:40

>>

We are seeking professional support to optimize the execution time in the STemWin Library for our configuration.

Segger may well have a list of contractors familiar with the implementation and opportunities to optimize on specific hardware platforms.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 14, 2018 at 00:33

AIUI, Segger also sell a professional version - which, presumably, has support ... ?