cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411Ediscovery Firmware

Heaton.John
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2015 at 18:51

There is really very little available for the STM32F411Ediscovery board. WHere can I find the default software (hex file) to put the board back to default?

#stm32f411
5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 05, 2015 at 09:55

Hello John,

Could you please let me know what do you mean by ''default software''? Is it the demo you find in the board? If yes, you can find it in the Cube package. If you want to erase the content of your flash, you may use the st-link utility.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist II
Posted on September 29, 2015 at 18:32

I assume that ''default software'' would be that which is specifically mentioned in theUM1862 User manual ''Getting started with STM32F411E Discovery software Development Toolsfor the board'' - which says:

''The STM32F411E Discovery firmware applications, demonstration and IP examples are provided in one single package and supplied in one single zip file. The extraction of the zip file generates a folder named ?STM32F411E Discovery_FW_VX.Y.Z, which contains the following subfolders''

So where can we obtain this ''one single zip file'', then??

0690X00000603OfQAI.jpg

Andrew Neil
Evangelist II
Posted on September 29, 2015 at 18:35

See also: 

/5a1ffd28

Posted on September 29, 2015 at 19:27

You're links have me going in circles... must sit down

Can't say I ever found a SPL firmware download, I ended up mashing a quick project under the DSP 1.5.1. and ported/merged in my SDIO + DISCO code and now have a couple of 411E-DISCOs and STM32F4-DIS-BB boards happily running at 100 MHz recording GPS RINEX files.

ST seems to have left lots of dangling loose ends in the charge to all things HAL/Cube, going to have to sharpen their game me thinks.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
simk0024
Associate II
Posted on October 11, 2015 at 07:34

Hi, 

Just want to ask you if you are working well with your STM32F411E-Disco.

I am using stm32f411e-disco and SW4STM32, writing a audio playback program.

But I met some problem posted here: https://goo.gl/vNLdS3

I hope you can help me or share your experiences with me.

Thank you very much