cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing USE_SD_TRANSCEIVER define in CubeMX with STM32H743i_EVAL

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on July 10, 2018 at 18:35

I have tracked down another oversight using CubeMX to generate FatFs code for STM32H743i_Eval. 

In the STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.2.0\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_DMA_RTOS I found in stm32h7xx_hal_conf.h at line 172:

#define  USE_SD_TRANSCEIVER           1U               /*!< use uSD Transceiver */

This is missing from the CubeMX generated version of stm32h7xx_hal_conf.h for the STM32H743i_Eval board.

After inserting the missing define in the hal config file, the SD card still is not responding but at least the direction bit in SDMMCx->CLKCR is being set correctly in the SDMMC_Init function in the low level driver code. 

If there is a switch for this in the CubeMX program, please do let me know where to find it, but it seems to me this should have been selected automatically when the _Eval board was selected since the transceiver is part of the hardware.

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 10, 2018 at 20:08

Is it generating all the additional pin configuration code?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 10, 2018 at 21:14

The CubeMX generated code specific to the SD card (and hence transceiver) is very sparse and is only setting up the GPIO characteristics as far as I can tell.  I do not see any code that is specific to the transceiver chip. 

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on July 11, 2018 at 17:45

Hi

greenwood.greg

‌,

Are you using the most updated version of STM32CubeMX tool (4.0)?

Khouloud.

Posted on July 11, 2018 at 18:06

I have a port working on the NUCLEO-H743ZI, admittedly not using Free RTOS at this point, but without the transceiver.

Posted on July 11, 2018 at 18:14

I&39m sure Greg can get you an .IOC file too.

I think it would be helpful for ST to get some more of the H7 Support team working/engaging with him directly, as he&39s clearly pushing the boundaries of the currently limited support for the H7 within the HAL and CubeMX frameworks. Other threads have pushed for current versions of Free RTOS and FatFs, as I recall, as apposed the rather antiquated middleware currently being offered up.

benahmed.mohamed

Posted on July 11, 2018 at 18:32

0690X0000060M7pQAE.png