cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING SD CARD WITH STM32H7 - WITH FREERTOS NON-BLOCKING MODE

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi All,

I wish to use an 8 GByte Hi speed micro SD card to log data on an STM32H743VIT (100 Pin pkg) custom board. The system is being used as a precision mains voltage and power quality monitor with a basic WiFi Modem.

I have got all the analog processing working fine but am struggling with the SD Card software.

I am using freeRTOS and wish to read and write to the card in non-blocking mode. 

I noticed that the driver config file (stm32h7xx_hal_conf.h)  has the following entry:

#define  USE_SD_TRANSCEIVER           1U               /*!< use uSD Transceiver */

The example for the H7 Eval board (which is now unobtainable) uses a transceiver for the SD Card. I guess that's for reliable operation at high speed. I don't have any experience with SD cards and I have the following questions.

1. Should I use an SD card transceiver or can I connect the card up to the sdmmc1 port without it?
  2. Is the example SD Card freeRTOS code example for the Eval board STM32H743XI OK to use and is it non-blocking?
  3. If the code has errors does anyone know what they are?
  4. Has anyone got a u sd card working in non-blocking mode?
  5. Does anyone know where I can get the H743 Evaluation Board?

The software example I am using is:

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_DMA_RTOS

Rob

1 REPLY 1
Cvega.11
Associate II

Hello my friend

Do you know how to use the wifi module (ISM43340-M4G-L44-10CF) of the stm32h7b3i-dk board?

Any example of a WIFI http server with stm32h7b3i-dk ???