cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR i2c communication protocol features

vadim2
Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2016 at 10:47

I am currently developing NFC-powered device, based on Arduino and M24SR02 dynamic NFC tags. 

https://github.com/rena2019/ArduinoM24SR

was chosen for establishing communication between Arduino and M24SR, and it works pretty fine with short NDEF messages. But I have noticed strange behavior, when reading  long NDEF messages. After reading ST documentation following questions appeared:

1) What is the purpose of DID field ?

2) Is it necessary to answer to S(WTX) ?

3) Who an when can send S(WTX) command?

Any help will be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on June 30, 2016 at 11:23

Hello,

1/ The DID field is a Device Identifier that a NFC Forum Device can use to simplify addressing of a target device. On the I2C host side, the DID is not used for the M24SR02 tag and therefore can be coded to 0.

2/ S(WTX) is generated by the M24SR02 in case M24SR02 will take more time to complete a transaction requested by the I2C host. In this case the I2C host must answer with a S(WTX) response.

Best Regards,

Have a good day.

NFC Product Support 3

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on June 30, 2016 at 11:23

Hello,

1/ The DID field is a Device Identifier that a NFC Forum Device can use to simplify addressing of a target device. On the I2C host side, the DID is not used for the M24SR02 tag and therefore can be coded to 0.

2/ S(WTX) is generated by the M24SR02 in case M24SR02 will take more time to complete a transaction requested by the I2C host. In this case the I2C host must answer with a S(WTX) response.

Best Regards,

Have a good day.

NFC Product Support 3