cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Protocols specifications conflict

Mahmoud_Awad47
Associate II

in NFC readers product selection page the "interface to host" feature for solutions ST25R3916, ST25R3916B, ST25R3917B, and ST25R3919B is listed as "SPI" only, But when I open the product page of these solutions I find that they support both SPI and I2C protocols and they are listed under the "External Communication" tab. Which one should I believe?

P.S: The Datasheets of these solutions are grouped with other solutions which already have both I2C and SPI support so they don't solve this conflict "e.g: the same datasheet is for both ST25R3916 & ST25R3917, but ST25R3917 is already approved to have both SPI & I2C interface to host by product Selection tab while ST25R3916 is featured as SPI only in the product selection tab".

1.png

2.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Mahmoud_Awad47, to the community!

I apologise for the confusion, but sometimes the information on the website contains some typos. We will check and correct this.

Only the datasheet contains the guaranteed functions, so you should primarily trust the data sheet. For ST25R3916x it mentions both SPI and I2C.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Mahmoud_Awad47, to the community!

I apologise for the confusion, but sometimes the information on the website contains some typos. We will check and correct this.

Only the datasheet contains the guaranteed functions, so you should primarily trust the data sheet. For ST25R3916x it mentions both SPI and I2C.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.