Posted on July 11, 2008 at 11:50

Speech Codec AMR-WB on STM32F103ZE

4 REPLIES 4
hauschij
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:39

I use the Ansi C Code from

http://www.3gpp1.org/ftp/specs/archive/26_series/26.173/

It is written as bit exakt without using of floating point numbers. (Fixed Point). I want to test the STM32 it this could be possible to run such a codec in a realtime application.

do you speak german?

hauschij@ba-loerrach.de

hauschij
Associate II

Hi @all,

ich tried to run a speed codec AMR-WB on STM32F103ZE. Is there anybody who can give me an answer, if this could be possible. And perhaps is there somebody who can help me to optimize?

i use the STM3210E-EVAL & Keil uVision3 & Keil ULINK2. why doesn't the keil compiler use the op-codes for the mac unit? my code is now running but it needs 240 msec. this is about 220 msec to long.

thanks

sword_82
Associate II

Hi hauschij,

What kind of software are you using? Are you using a free software from Internet? If yes, could you please tell me the source.

Did Your code use the float lib?

Why are using the wb (wideband) and not the narrowband? Are you planning to build a VoIP application?

About Keil, try to disable the Micro Lib, this should improve the speed.

What kind of optimizations you intend to do, maybe i can help you on this point.

best regards

sword

sword_82
Associate II

Hi hauschij,

Since the code is based on fixed point arithmetic, you could run it easily on the STM32. But about the real time use, I think that this depends only on the CPU loading. So you must measure the encoding and decoding times to decide if you have to optimize some functions.

Did you have a main with a simple implementation of encoding/decoding? I can help you by doing some benchmarks about the CPU loading and the functions that need to be optimized. But I need a ready project to start work on it.

(Sorry I dont't speak german)

Best regards

sword