cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I could not get st-link/v3 mine and stlink-v3set connected to STM23l152C6T6. But all works fine with st-link v2. Any idea ?

DLyas.2
Associate II

Issues confirmed on Win7 x64 and Win10 x64, STM32CubeProgrammer v2.12.0 was used on both platforms.

Both v3 versions working fine with STM32F103ZE, STM32F103ZG, STM32F103RC, STM32F103RE, STM32F103RD configurations as v2 does.

I read advises to reduce speed, different types of reset etc.

The latest firmware for v3 was uploaded to devices.

4 REPLIES 4

Bad USB cables? Hubs, or docking stations, etc

The ST-LINK/V3's use USB-HS

I don't see why an STM32L152C6T6 should be particularly problematic.

Voltages, Power? The ST-LINK/V2 has buffers.

Problem connecting with BOOT0 pulled HIGH?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi

thank you for your answer.

Please see again. The V3 does not work with specific family STM32L152C6. And works perfect with different families. Same conditions, same cables, same reset - I tried all combinations. And to my suprize the V2 works perfect in all cases. With different cables, different ports, connected direct to the USB socket on board of laptop/desktop or thought the docking station/hub

By the way. All tricks with using docking stations/hubs/cable/reset button/speed of connection/reset mode had not made any changes in case of V3MINE or V3SET.

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year!

With buffer or not - I don't need to see inside device. All units were ordered through Digikey. I presumed they to be original from ST.

Best Regards,

Dima Lyashenko

Electronic Engineer

Edited by moderation team to adhere to community guidelines.

AScha.3
Principal III

just..what the V3 doing ? (error message) - on Cube programmer - no connect ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
DLyas.2
Associate II

Nop. Just another try to program MCU using St-link V3. It does not connect to MCU