bkurz
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2009 at 12:13

IAP Question

2 REPLIES 2
bkurz
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:57

I was asked to create a HTTP based bootloader for a new design we are working on using the STR912FAW47X6 Arm 9 micro. I took the IAP over HTTP project that is provided by ST as the basis and have it loaded in the Bank1 flash and is set to be the bootbank(Using JFlash for ARM and a Segger debugger). I can upload a file and then jump to the application and everything seems to work ok for a simple program that cycles through some LEDs (just like the light bar on KITT).

This week the team developing the application that my bootloader will be loading was tried and it doesn't work. Naturally since I dealt with the the settings for everything on my test app, I should be able to set theirs up. I am not sure what needs to change on their app. I took an existing app and modified the linker file, but my simple app does not use interrupts. Anyone have any ideas on how to run an app with interrupts from Bank0 as the non-boot bank? Do I need to remap the banks after the jump, or remap the vectors in their app? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-B

bkurz
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:57

Since my first recommendation of shipping a debugger with every product and uploading via JTAG was completely shot down. I ended up using a trampoline in the beginning of each flash bank that passes through the first 0x1F of RAM for handling the interrupts.

I really miss my Atmel AVR controller, so much more user friendly.