cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Visual Developer says ''out of memory'' and crashes when trying to launch the programming tool

Philip Haasnoot
Associate
Posted on December 06, 2017 at 19:37

I have been using ST Visual Developer for 6 months without this issue. I was having problems with a project I am working on and thought that re-installing the tool might help. Once I un-installed the tool and installed the latest version the program will either crash after a few minutes, or crash immediately when launching the programming tool. It gives me the error message 'Out of Memory'

Any resolutions to this issue?

11 REPLIES 11
S C
ST Employee
Posted on December 08, 2017 at 11:43

Hello,

The 'out of memory' error makes think about issue with ever growing .wed and .wdb files, which should be deleted in this case (see also chapter 3.3 of STVD release notes). The crash with the programming tool is confirmed with STVD-4.3.12; it might be workarounded by using stvp/tools.cnf file from previous version (STVP-3.4.0) attached here (keep a copy of the original file if wanting to use STVP-3.4.1 later, without having to reinstall). The real fix will be provided later.

If the crash persists, please join the file stvd/stvd_pm.log in order to allow easier investigations.

Attachments :

tools.cnf.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HyEY&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b5C%2F1sIa3iUbq_l7hHViMuRMVO70mBHfGIeHGCYM2UsURVA&asPdf=false
Scott Yanke
Associate
Posted on March 04, 2018 at 00:56

I am also using STVD-4.3.12.  Replacing the tools.cnf file in the stvp directory corrected the crashes that I was experiencing when trying to use the programmer from STVD.  Thank you for supplying the workaround.

Posted on April 20, 2018 at 13:22

the file tool.cnf does not exist in my installation, even if it does not work, the defect remains

Posted on April 20, 2018 at 14:15

It's in STVP directory, not STVD !!!

You must have this file...STVP wouldn't working in standalone mode.

Rgds,

Laurent

Posted on April 20, 2018 at 15:03

ok, everything works properly, a greeting

Posted on June 02, 2018 at 19:30

had the issue, the file provided 

fixes the issue. thanks.

Lctasca
Associate II

I was not able to download the attached file, could someone post it again?

SMiro
Associate

The file is not available. Can you re-attach please?

henry.dick
Senior II

Use a real ide and you don't to worry about that problem.​